Monday, May 29, 2017

PURSUIT: A Novel – Prologue


Jerry— 
How do I know you? When I think of you, I don’t picture what you look like. When I close my eyes, I don’t see your face. I feel you. Your presence is like a soft breeze brushing my arms like willowy wafts caressing fields of wheat. Or the comfy cozy ambiance of a fire, orange coals shimmering, waves of warmth caressing my face. Or my favorite blankie, a soft cocoon of security that woos me to slumber in peace. Or the aroma of well-worn leather blended with an earthy bouquet of coffee, a manly mix of strength fused with fortitude. When you speak, a mellow baritone soothes my soul and opens windows of imagination, a landscape of dreams and hopes and assurance that the best is yet to come. Yes, that’s it, Jerry, you are the best that is yet to come, and I long for your return.


Christina’s Diary – Mercy Ship – Thanksgiving Day 1989



v v v


Copyright 2017  © Jeff Cambridge

Excerpt from PURSUIT, a novel by Jeff Cambridge, a writer of transformational fiction with characters that tell life-changing stories.
This is a pre-published scene.
To read the scenes sequentially, begin with
“PURSUIT: A Novel – Prologue”

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated. Simply check one of the reaction boxes below, write a comment, or email me at bycambridge@gmail.com.


This novel is a work of fiction. Any references to real events, businesses, organizations, and locales are intended only to give the fiction a sense of reality and authenticity. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

No comments: