Friday, October 20, 2017

PURSUIT: A Novel – 34.2: MTV – Fun


Daytona Beach  – Spring Break, March 21,1989
Vixen’s puffed up, middle-of-the-back, long bleach-white hair bounced to the beat as she strutted across the outdoor stage set for the MTV Spring Break crowd. Black leather and lace, elbow-length gloves, topped off with a black T-shirt emblazoned with SCORPION, she screamed, “I want you to rock me, roll me . . . ” She dramatically lowered her voice several octaves and droned, “You won’t get lonely.”
The lead slid her fingers down the guitar’s white neck and strutted in shiny black, skin-tight pants with black boots studded with rhinestones. The bassist wore a black Hard Rock London T-shirt cut down the middle, and a dog collar ringed her neck as she finger plucked the deep chords.
“So come on, rock me!” Vixen screamed.
Bobbie and Jessie yelled with the crowd, “Rock me!” The chant continued and fed fervor in the thousands that gathered in the blazing sun. As the all-girl band continued, the dark-haired, ruby-lipped, stick-twirling drummer pounded the staccato beat.
“This is going to be on MTV,” Vixen said, “It’s a family show, yeah I hear what you’re saying . . . I know what you guys got your minds on . . . that was pretty good. Seeing that this is sort of a special occasion, I think you can do a helluva lot better . . . so come on Rock Me . . . Rock Me . . . Rock Me . . . I’m gonna rock you, roll you, do all the things I told you. I’m gonna rock you, roll you, sit down and I’ll show you.”
A girl wearing large pasties bounced to the beat, her arms raised during the shout, “Rock me!” Bobbie could not keep his eyes off the bouncing pair and felt a sharp elbow jab his ribs. The crowd was packed in, but the jab was no accident. Jessie gave him an alluring eye.
“I had a thousand guys cheering me for the win.”
She knew her place in the lineup—no one would put her in second.

MTV video with Vixen, “Rock Me”
v v v


Copyright 2017  © Jeff Cambridge

Excerpt from PURSUIT, a novel by Jeff Cambridge, a writer of transformational fiction with real characters in real-life tell stories that change lives in the readers as the characters transform.
This is a pre-published scene.
To read the scenes sequentially, begin with
“PURSUIT: A Novel – Prologue”
You will find the previous episodes in the monthly archives. Click on them and enjoy.

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated. Simply check one of the reaction boxes below, write a comment, or email me at bycambridge@gmail.com.

This novel is a work of fiction. Any references to real events, businesses, organizations, and locales are intended only to give the fiction a sense of reality and authenticity. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

v v v

No comments: