Saturday, January 9, 2016

My Father's House



I turn my head to look at Father as He takes a seat in the big rocker by the fire. The fire glows stronger and brightens the room with an illumination that is pure white. The light reflects from Father; He is Holy. I look at my hands. They glow with His Holiness.

“Everything your hands touch will be blessed with the power of My Spirit,” Father says. “I know your needs and the desires of your heart. I am so glad you are home. Away from here, you have found houses of evil, of ill repute. My son, these houses are no more. They are destroyed, their timbers turned to ashes, the ashes to stone. I have thrown them in the lake of fire. They have become like hot coals to heap on the fallen angel, Lucifer. He shall not bother you in My House. He cannot approach this House, for My Word swirls around it like a whirlwind.”

I feel so protected and secure in Father’s House. My circumstances do not touch me here. I am with Father and Father only. He is all I need. Father reaches for a book on the table near the rocker.

“Do you know what this is?” He asks. The book is thick, its cover old. The pages are gilded with gold and glow with brilliance. He opens it and light pours forth reflecting from Father’s face to mine. It is bright white light, but I do not blink. The light fills me through my eyes. “Your eyes are pure, my son. What you receive form this book purifies your soul. This is the Book of Knowledge. From this book, I give you My Wisdom, the Father of Eternity who knows all.”

The clarity of my mind is awesome. The knowledge from the Book imparted directly as understanding. I did not have to think, to process. The knowledge was not information, but wisdom.

“Now, you are a Prince in My Kingdom.” Father walks to a grand wardrobe closet. It is magnificently ornate. The woodcarvings of Cherubim and Seraphim are the capstones of its corners. When Father touches the armoire, the angels come to life, their eyes glow like embers from the fire. They smile at me. I am a member of Father’s House. I recognize them. They guard over me in the world, resting on my shoulders, ready to defend me from the evil of the world, against the prince of darkness and his minions.

Father opens the door of the wardrobe; a light bursts forth. Within the light is a robe with every possible color in harmony with every other. I look at the coat I am wearing. It is dark, hanging heavy on my frame. Father brings me the magnificently colored robe. Cherubim and Seraphim fly towards me and lift the sleeves of the dark coat I am wearing. I raise my arms as they lift the heaviness from me. My body glows with pure light as the dark coat is removed. I look at my feet, barren, scarred, pierced with many thorns, festered from the unclean paths I have taken. The angels take the coat and drape it over the fire, but instead of covering the flames, it disappears, the light emanating from the fireplace consuming its darkness.

The angles fly to an adjoining room and return with a golden bowl, glowing with the same white light. Together, they lower the bowl to my feet. The golden bowl is not empty; it is filled with light, covering the entire inside.

Father walks behind me and drapes the robe over my shoulders. The robe becomes light, its magnificent colors now beaming pure white. The angels fly to another room and bring forth a golden chair, its armrests adorned with every jewel I can imagine! Beyond my imagination are jewels of colors I have never seen.

“Sit in your chair, my son. This is where you can rest and talk to me in my House.” As I sit, I notice that the chair is neither hard nor soft. I do not even feel its support, but I am sitting in it! Every muscle and tendon instantly relaxes and then holds me upright. I no longer feel my sore back, nor hear my joints crack as I move my hands and feet.

I notice my feet again, as they stand out, dark and with dried blood from the rocky and thorn-ridden path I have traveled. The hallway to my left brightens with the same pure light surrounding Father. I look into the Light expectantly. A man appears. My mind knows him instantly, but his face I do not recognize. “Jesus!” I speak without my lips or tongue moving.

I arise from my chair and slowly lower myself to my knees, my eyes not leaving His. I recognize His eyes. It’s His eyes that I have seen before! I am unable to describe Him; no words can. As my knees touch the floor, Jesus holds out His Hand. “Rise,” He says. His voice is soft and soothing, and I recognize it. I have heard Him talk to me before! In the dark of the night, invisible to my eyes, He has spoken comfort to me. I have heard that Voice. Where have I seen His eyes before? I wonder. My mind pictures the young pastor as he approaches me in church. His eyes glisten with tears as his lips pray comfort over me. I had not met this man before, yet in his eyes I recognized love.

I reached for Jesus’ hand and effortlessly I was lifted upright. I stared into His eyes and love emanated from them filling my heart with His Love.

“Sit and rest. You have made a long journey to My Father’s House.” As I sat in my golden chair, He stooped to His knees and brought the golden bowl to my feet. Jesus dipped His hands into the Light, cupping them to hold the Light. He washed my feet with the Light and as His Hands touched my feet, the sores and scars disappeared. My feet glowed with the Light.

Father went to the wardrobe and opened a small door. The opening glowed with white Light. Father reached in and withdrew a crown. The crown, gold like the chair, had my full name engraved and embedded with rubies. The rubies are of the deepest red, like blood rich with oxygen and spoke of life. Following my name are the words, “My son,” the letters inscribed with the white Light.

Father held the crown in both hands and walked to me. I looked into Father’s eyes as He held the crown. His eyes were the same eyes of Jesus. I looked to Jesus who continued to kneel before my feet. He was wearing a crown of thorns and blood trickled down His face. Tears were in His eyes. His body was clothed with only a loincloth. Jesus placed my feet on the floor and as He did, I saw the scars on the top of His hands. He stood and the scar under His rib was at my eye level. I saw the spear pierce His side. Jesus opened His arms towards me and the nails were driven through His hands. I looked down at His feet knowing that I would also see the nails that anchored Him to the cross. It was then that I realized He was no longer glowing pure Light. He was a man, dusty and grimy from sweat and dirt from his journey bearing the cross. Blood seeped from his wounds.

Father, holding the crown, placed it on my head, and the moment it rested perfectly on my crown, Jesus with His arms now extended, closed His eyes, and His head dropped. Jesus was now levitated above the floor.

“It is finished,” Father said. I looked to Father and tears where streaming down His face as He looked into my eyes. “I gave My Son, so I could have you as a son in My House.” I leapt from my golden chair and hugged his waist, my heart sobbing, my face wet with tears. I held on tightly and felt Father’s arms wrap around me. As soon as I felt Father’s embrace, peace overwhelmed my mind and joy burst from my heart. I was so embraced with Love that I did not notice that I was no longer holding onto Father.

I looked up and saw Father wearing a white robe of Light. His head was adorned with a magnificent crown of Light, blazing with brightness like stars in the night. In His hand, He held a gold scepter, its head glowing with the same Light. Jesus stood at Father’s right side. The crown of thorns was replaced with a ring of Light surrounding His unblemished face. Dressed likewise, in a robe of Light, He had a golden rope wrapped around His waist. Jesus’ hands and feet glowed with the Light, pure and unblemished. I looked into Jesus’ eyes and saw Love. I looked to Father and saw the same eyes of Love.

Then, the most remarkable, awesome scene happened right before my eyes. Jesus and Father became One, and as they did, their image glowed with such an intensity that all form disappeared. The Light moved towards me, and I stood in reverent, awesome fear. The Light surrounded me, and I could not see but the brilliant white before me. I looked at my feet, then hands but could not see them.

I heard, “I am the Truth,” a Voice, not of my Father nor Jesus, but rather a quiet voice from within me, and in that instant the Light disappeared. All that glowed was gone, the bowl, the chair, the robe and crown. I looked to the wardrobe. Its doors shut, the woodcarvings of Cherubim and Seraphim adorning its posts like sentries.

The flickering flames of the fire caught my eyes, and as I looked around this room at my Father’s House, I felt at home. I felt His Presence, but I did not see Him. I heard His Voice that quiet voice within me, “Abide in Me as I abide in you.”

The light of day appeared from behind me. I turned and noticed that the front door was open. I took a step toward it and noticed that my feet were shod, and as I walked outside, I felt peace. I am walking in the Gospel of Peace.

No comments: