Saturday, April 16, 2016

Life in the Valley


Why do you consider the valleys in life to be filled with darkness? You may know the verse, “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…” Yet, consider the valley with the lushness of life that it holds. I have climbed mountains, and once I am beyond the tree line, there is no growth, only rock and shale. Oxygen is thin, and breathing becomes labored. So then, why yearn for the mountaintop experience?

The glen of a valley, the stream that is always found, fauna and flora abound. Quiet, enclosed with trees as sentries, safe from the hills of life. I find solitude in the valley. I live on a ridge; any direction I take is down, yet it is in the valley that I find life, refuge, and peace. He leads me beside still waters, on the green meadow I rest.

Come off the hill of your circumstances and find the valley of life. I would rather be in a secluded glen than face the wind of fate on the rocky summit. See how your perspective can change when you look at where you are as the blessing of where you should be.

Shalom.


No comments: