Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Jeremiah's Journey - 13: She Is Coming



Jeremiah returned to his home in the countryside of the Midwest. After leaving Tuscany, Italy where he met an angel, a messenger, who introduced him to her Father, the Vinedresser, Jeremiah ventured to Black Mountain, North Carolina. There he found what he was searching, a new home where everyone he encountered was a new and fresh soul. The past was left behind. He was who he is, a son of the Father, and no one disputed that, for Jeremiah showed God’s love to everyone he met, radiating with a glow of the Spirit.

I’m speaking of God’s Spirit within me. When I returned to my cabin in the woods from the cabin in the clouds at Black Mountain, I continued my journey in the Creative Way. I am a storyteller and open my heart to you. I compose transformational fiction, stories about you and myself, for our hearts are not far apart. If you feel that your circumstances are so unique, your trials are only yours; someone has experienced them, also. I come alongside you with a story that may very well be your own.
Adelina was an angel. An angel is a messenger from God that points to your journey with God. I loved Adelina, but love with an angel is fleeting, like the wind. She showed me that the Vinedresser, her Father and mine, would prune me of the dead branches of my past. The buds of new growth would yield fruit – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. All that I needed to do was to live in the True Vine.
I will advance to sixty years in August, and I will celebrate my birthday on Black Mountain. Then, I will attend the American Christian Fiction Writers conference in Nashville, Tennessee. It is there that God is placing my steps even though I resisted…out of fear.
Yes, I said the “F” word. The word that holds us back from receiving the blessings that Father wants to give us, if we would only ask. I requested the present of the daughter that the Father reserved for me many years ago…but I was not prepared to receive. Seven years in November and the divorce will be complete. Seven is the biblical number representing completeness. My solitary life is finished. My journey with my life partner will begin and will not end until I pass into an eternity of heaven. My journey of transformation to who I am, a son of the Father, will take a new course, hand in hand with His daughter as He is with us, three cords bound in love.
“She is coming.” These words resound like a trumpet from heaven. I did not call them; His angels are singing them, messengers from the Father.
Think about it.
When you surrender your will for God’s will for your life, when you surrender every aspect of you, your loved ones, your health, your possessions, your ability to produce income, even your very life, you receive the steps He will take you on the journey to give you the desires of your heart. It is a promise of God: “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”1 Delight in the LORD is to receive His will in place of your own.
I do not want to sound preachy by quoting God’s Word, yet when I told my son that he is “not guilty” and asked him if I was too spiritual, he responded, “Not at all.”
We can speak God’s Word by doing it. The people you encounter will see something different about you. They will open their hearts to you. That is your opportunity to encourage, to edify, to speak what you hear from the Holy Spirit within you. And that was what I declared to my son.
“So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.”2
Live on and find your mountain. I have found mine.
“She is coming.”

To follow the story of Jeremiah’s Journey, review the archives of this blog.

Thanks to Father for the words He has given me.
Copyright © 2016 by Jeff Cambridge

References:
1.     Psalm 37:4 NIV
2.   Romans 8:1 NLT

No comments: