Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Like Father, like Son


It's time to for me to write about what is shaking the American family to its core. It's time for us to take a stand for fathers who are separated from their children. Are mothers kept from their children? Not.
Where in our thinking for the best interest of a child would we diminish the role of a dad? I’m not talking about a deadbeat dad, never around, never caring, never paying child support. I’m talking about a dad that is involved, cares immensely, and deeply loves his children.
God is our Father, a perfect father. Where in his Word does he authorize, condone, or displace the dad of a son or daughter from his or her life? You will not find one word in God’s Word that supports this. So why does the court of law, the law of the land, separate fathers from their children?
It is time to return to God’s moral values of family life. God does not condone divorce, but it happens. Fifty percent of marriages end in divorce. We could argue whose fault it is, but that will not get us anywhere regarding the best interest of the children, and yes, there are times when divorce is in the best interest of the children.  He said, she said, he did, she did, and it doesn’t matter. The children’s best interest are served when the law of the land provides for equal parenting unless it is proven that a parent is truly harming the child with her or his presence.
That is not the case with my situation. I have experienced this firsthand. All a mother has to do is rant and rage and show tyrannical emotion that the father is the devil. Judges, in our court of law, submit to this.
I chose not to berate the mother of our children, to blast her with accusations. I chose to love her as Christ loves her. Not one derogatory comment was presented about her in court. I could have, but I forgave and forgot. I had no record of her sins against me. I had no account of her trespasses. She had an entire notebook of mine. Page after page, she documented every wrong doing of mine. The notebook was thick.
I just wonder, I wonder if God kept track of our wrongdoing how thick the book would be against us. Yet, God sent His Son to save us from the death of our sins. Jesus submitted to God’s will and became our sin on the cross. Don’t think for a moment that your “book of sin” is thin. We all sin and fall short of the glory of God. We cannot claim our salvation in our good works. It is only by the grace of God that we are saved.

So then, I return to my claim on my children as their dad. No one, no one can separate me from my children. I claim this in the name of Jesus. Amen.  

No comments: