Thursday, February 25, 2016

Rainbow of Promise



“For my strength is made perfect in weakness.”



As I awoke during a morning in early July, my eyes opened to find a beautiful rainbow reflected from the dawning sun against the backdrop of dark clouds. The early morning thought I received upon awakening resounded in my head, Not by your strength, but mine. Such a picture to put with these words, the beauty of dawn, a rainbow of promise, a new day reflected against the storm of the night. God works in wondrous ways to provide us with the assurance that He is in control of all things, big and small, and that the outcome will be used for His good, regardless of how it may initially appear.1 The storm of the night transformed into a rainbow with the beginning of His new day!

As a man or woman inclined to take charge and take matters into your hands, you may be able to identify with the difficulty in letting go of your circumstances and letting God into your situation. We seek to conquer our obstacles, to come out of our difficulties, victorious in our strength. We then can claim the pride of victory and add to our resume of life, “I did it!” What we may fail to see or understand is that some of the obstacles we are encountering are placed there by God or allowed by Him for the purpose of testing our faith in Him.

You may be thinking, Why do I need my faith in God tested? Find the answer by looking at how you respond to challenges, trials, obstacles, or stressful situations. Do you first, before responding to the situation, seek communion with God? You may question in your mind, Communion with God? What does my situation have to do with communion with God? And besides that, isn’t communion a ritual at church typically done on religious holidays?

I may have put your thoughts into a tailspin. Let’s explore possibly a new way for you to deal with your life situations, unless of course, you are so content with where you are, who you are, what you are doing, and why you find yourself in the situations in which you are. Continue to explore ways to commune with God even during the storms of your life. Let God transform the darkness in your life into a perfect reflection of what He intends—a rainbow of promise against a stormy sky.

Over the next seven days, I will bring light to your relationship with Father God, your Creator.


"Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~Apostle Paul speaks from experience in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10


Praise to Our Father for the words He has given me. ~Jeff Cambridge

Written July 6, 2004
Copyright © 2004, 2005, 2016 by Stellar Rhema Ministry, Jeff Cambridge

References
1. Romans 8:28

No comments: