Wednesday, February 3, 2016

To Comfort and Counsel: "I will come to you."


You are not alone—ever. “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you,”1 are the words of the King of kings as He was preparing the disciples for His earthly departure, to become the Savior for all who would receive Him into their hearts. As I ponder God’s Word this morning, I am overcome by the presence of His Peace, the fullness of His Grace manifested in every thought. It’s as if nothing else can fit into my soul, brimming with satisfaction, satiated. Nothing can interrupt this peace, it cloaks my mind, holds my heart with the temperance of the hand that can lift all things, that of God, sure and true. Every thought captivated by His presence, I am filled with His words alone. Music fills my body as angels worship His Glory and encamp around me. God has sent them to minister to me, as occurred with Elijah as he slept on the ground exhausted from his flight from Jezebel.2 God Himself will give me sustenance for my journey through the wilderness, enough for forty days and nights. I will not be without strength and my endurance shall come from the LORD. The angels of the LORD surround me and have charge over me during this journey. I will not stumble as they will lift me up over every obstacle that comes against the LORD.3 The LORD will show me great visions. Then the LORD spoke to me:

“Keep my word,” says the LORD, “Hold onto my wings and I will take you to my dwelling place, secret from all the world. In this refuge of the LORD no evil shall befall you. The prophecy you heard during your healing oil anointing shall come to pass. The road will be easy as you walk in the Spirit, you will not stumble. In the past you fell many times, this will be no more, because you walk in the Spirit.

“I will show you the way and send my angels as messengers. They will tell you all that you need to know. Rely not on your own understanding, for I, your God, will place your footsteps. Walk humbly, for I have taught you these things to prepare you for your next step. Fear not that others will look at you with dismay and consider your ways contrary to conventional wisdom, for it is not their understanding that is important. Rely continually on me, and I will provide. I have brought you to this place with purpose; it is not because you have done wrong; I have a journey of faith for you for forty days. Fear not for I am with you always.”


And then the LORD was silent. I laid down my pen and reclined in my chair, my head resting in my hands stretched behind me. I was at peace. The light shone brightly in the room. I began to wonder. Questions began to surface as my spirit desired to know more. What is my next step?

God will lead me through my heart, wicked it is not, for He has made His home within me.4 God has a door standing open for me, yet I need to find it. It will not be confusing, this search, and I will immediately know this door when I see it.

Today, as I read this meditation written 12 years ago, the LORD spoke to me again:

“It will unveil itself shortly as you begin to see with eyes of understanding.”

My mind quickened by the Holy Spirit, I knew that God spoke of these “eyes” in His Word. A Google search led me to the fullness of His message to me. This is how God speaks to you, through His written Word, for we have no doubt of its authenticity – His Word is alive today as it was written thousands of years ago. When you hear a word from within yourself, do not toss it aside – Google it. Today, we have the power of the Internet to unveil what God spoke in ages past. His Word applies to you today and to the situation you find yourself. This is what my simple search revealed:

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way." (Ephesians 1:17-23 NIV)


Praise to Our Father for the words He has given me.

This meditation moment was inspired by a Christian Brother who has a deep love for his fellow man, and I dedicate these words to him, the father of Simon Peter.

Jeff Cambridge


Originally written June 8, 2004. Adapted for publication February 3, 2016.
Copyright © 2004 Jeff Cambridge, Stellar Rehma Ministry
Copyright © 2016 Jeff Cambridge


Footnotes

All Scripture quotations unless otherwise noted are from The Holy Bible, New King James Version, copyright © 1979, 1980, 1982, Thomas Nelson, Inc., Publishers.

1. John 14:27
2. 1 Kings 19:1-8
3. Psalm 91:10
4. John 14:23

No comments: