Saturday, May 7, 2016

Jeremiah's Journey - 12: "Closing the Book"


I closed the book of my past as I concluded my confession to Adelina. I opened a new journal of life and began writing a refreshing chapter with eyes forward and arms reaching out to my future. I am meeting Adelina’s father tomorrow before I return stateside. At first, my heart resisted, but now that the book of my past remains closed, I am ready to paint a new cover, a refreshing portrait of who I am today. If it was as simple as closing a book that you finished reading to progress to the next adventure, the next romance, the rest of your life, would you do it? Oh, how I long to move to the countryside of Tuscany, Italy with Florence by night and the vineyard by day, Adelina by my side and a loving Italian family that welcomes me with open arms. Am I dreaming? I was already planning the future, and yet, I had not met her father.
Adelina and I are chaste lovers, meaning we love each other, yet only our lips have met. We both wanted her father’s acceptance and her mother’s too. And we wanted our love to be accepted in the eyes of God. I noticed the difference between now and then. I won’t look back. I am moving on. I feel like never returning to Kansas.

Abandon the past and start anew.


Jeremiah's Journey – 12: "Closing the Book”
Copyright © 2016 by Jeff Cambridge

More Inspirational Reads @ Revelation7Strong.blogspot.com

The series of episodes of Jeremiah’s Journey begin with “Roses Are For Lovers” published on this blog. Follow me on Facebook @ Jeff Cambridge and join the fans of Jeremiah by subscribing to my blog.

No comments: