Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Creative Way Journal - 6: Surrender Is Power


I was born again to write. At the time, I did not know it. Following my rebirth in Christ, dying to the flesh and born again of the Spirit, I began to read God’s Word. I took the Bible as a book of life; I could not wait to discover the mysteries that God would make clear to me. I started with Genesis and ended with Revelation, just as I would read a novel. The journey took some time, and I set aside the morning hours when I was off work to read, journal the rhemas that spoke directly to me, and to ponder questions about life.
I am reaffirming my identity now, as a son of the Father. I used to refer to me as a son of God or a man of God. Naming God as my Father is the ultimate of spiritual intimacy. I talk to Him as a Father with whom I can be most vulnerable and honest. I tell my Father every desire, passion, and need that I have. I praise Him, thank Him, and glorify Him throughout my day.
I have a brother, too. His name is Jesus. You may know of Him as the man who died on the cross. I hope you know Jesus as your Savior because He proved He had victory over death as the living God when He died on the cross. You also can have victory over death. Because of His death and resurrection to live, you are saved from spiritual death, if only you would believe in Jesus and receive Him to live forever with you in your heart.
What is forever? What is eternity? It has no beginning or end. Eternity is outside of our dimension of time. Eternity is God, and we live in it as soon as we receive Jesus as the Savior of our life, the atoning sacrifice for all sin, yours and mine and all of humanity. All you need to do is say from your heart, “Jesus, come into my heart and live within me. Forgive my past and cleanse me today and for every tomorrow. Jesus, you are Lord of my life.”
Simple enough. God is not complicated. Life is not difficult. We may make it so, but Jesus says, “Take my yoke (join with me), it is easy, and my burden (how Jesus sees your circumstances) is light.” But, to do this, you must surrender. Surrender is the most difficult for some, for we have been taught to fight. Yet, when we surrender to God, we gain His power and relinquish our own. Think about it. Would you rather have the power of God or your strength? The answer is obvious, so why not surrender to God?
Back to “Born Again To Write,” I find myself on a new journey. I have been writing stories since 2004. I was born again in 1995. From 1995 to 2004 I poured out my laments with tears and ink on paper. After an epiphany on St. Patrick’s Day in 2004 in which I saw a man writing and heard the word, “Author,” I began to write, inspired by the Holy Spirit - He spoke the words - to compose meditations about life.
In November 2010, I began to write my life story. No, not an autobiography, not a stuffy, “I did this and that, and this is how it affected me.” I wrote from my heart a story with characters that reflected my life. My life story grew over the next five years to a trilogy of PURSUIT, SCANDAL, and CONQUERER.

Story is the blood and life of the writer, the descriptive prose and poetry of the darkness that he or she desires to overcome, the clouds that block the Light. We are all sons or daughters of the Father, you only need to embrace Him as yours to receive the blessings of the kingdom of God that are within you when you claim Jesus as Lord of your life. It’s all about surrender, and letting go of the grievances you have with others, “There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness,” dispels the darkness with Light. Light chases away all darkness. There is no darkness in Light. Live in the Light, for you have all that you need within you right now, the power of God when you surrender.

No comments: